Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Slice of Life: Diet Coke and Allie

For six years I have had an awesome Diet Coke buddy.  My first semester here at BYU I was matched up with Allie to be roommates at good 'ol Helaman Halls and we hit it off instantly.  We were roommates up until she went on her mission and I still refer to her as my roommate, even though it's been three years since we lived together.  We have a TON of memories and funny stories together so when we get together we pretty much laugh the whole time. Even though we are no longer roommates we still see each other a lot because of one thing: Diet Coke.  We are each other's Diet Coke buddies.  It is a weekly activity that one of us will text the other, "Hey! Do you want to go on a Diet Coke run?" The answer is always yes.  I love this little tradition we have because it is a way for us to catch up despite our crazy, busy schedules. It is so therapeutic to take a break from homework and classes, get a delectable drink, and chat about past adventures and our current ones. I always am in a better mood afterwards and feel ready to start tackling life's little quirks with gusto...I just got home from a Diet Coke run and I feel fantastic! :)


 It's the little things in life, I think, that are the most valuable, and I definitely value these Diet Coke runs pretty high!


1 comments:

Edda Phillips said...

HA! perfect picture for the post!!