Thursday, March 28, 2013

Slice of Life: Nail Polish - a token of his affection

There are a kajillion, billion, trillion, million times infinity why I love my man. He constantly strives to make me happy and is always there for me. Today, another example of his sweetness occurred.

We went to Wally World to grab our nephew's birthday present. As we were walking towards the toys, we passed the shimmering wall of Essie nail polish.

Confession: I LOOOOOOOOOOOVE Essie! I think it may border an obsession. I have so many and always have to resist buying new colors. I also love having my nails freshly painted because it makes me feel a little more put together. It makes me feel like I have a handle on my life. And, it makes me feel pretty :)

 I stopped to peek at the delicious rows of polish, each a sprinkle aching to be part of my nail polish sunday. One dazzling color popped out: Mint Candy Apple. For weeks I have been wanting this color, even though I had Turquoise and Caicos (a darker version), but I never purchased it. We are trying to save money so we can eat, have a comfortable home for our baby, pay for the upcoming medical bills, blah blah blah. The normal "adult" things.  I paused and drooled, murmuring that I loved that color and had been wanting it for ages.  Then, I snapped out of it and returned to my mission of Nephew's Birthday Gift. But, out of the corner of my eye I saw Mason sneak the bottle into his hand.

I had had a fairly rough day (sore and achy all over, homesick, stressed about homework, etc) and Mason knew that this small little treat would help make my day a little happier.

I can't wait to paint my nails tomorrow! :)

0 comments: