Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Slice of Life for March

For one of my classes, Teaching Composition, we are doing a writing challenge that started on March 1st. It's basically just a way to encourage people to write every single day.  It can be about anything. Can be as long or short as you want. Can be pointless. Can be deep. Can be like a journal entry. Can be random ramblings. All that is required/encouraged is writing every day.  I missed March 1-3...Oops. Anyways, I am going to be sharing my Slice of Life here on my bloggy blog for the rest of the month.

(One ramble before I share my post for today...On our class syllabus this activity is shortened to SOL March... This made me giggle/snort when I first saw it. I am way too immature for my own good.)

Okay! Here is March 4th:
I got some money from my parents for my birthday and I have never been so conflicted! I keep thinking of so many things that I want/need now! I want a new hairdryer. I need a dresser to use as a changing table. I want a bookshelf. Shoes are always good... Oh! I want a nightstand for my husband's side of the bed.  Decisions, decisions...I feel relieved that I don't have any serious conundrums.

March 5th:

I love, love, love to organize! I get the organizing bug "itch" and can't stop thinking until I have made a huge mess and pieced it back together into a nice, tidy system.  Right now I have the organizing itch...the only problem is that I have SOOOOOO many places that need a serious overhaul that I am stuck in sit-on-the-couch-because-I-don't-know-where-to-start phase. Another bummer is that because I am pregnant I shouldn't be lifting all of the heavy stuff, climbing up chairs to put things on the top shelf, etc.  Normally it isn't too bad because I do what I can and then have my husband do the rest.
BUT, now I can't do hardly any of the heavy lifting and he's so stressed that I don't want to ask him. I hint, but even I know that it won't get the job done.  Each Saturday I think I'll ask him to do a ton of things, but then I look over at the poor guy in bed that morning.  He doesn't get to sleep in ever, but he never complains when I do.  He needs sleep badly so I let him sleep in until whenever.  And then when he does wake up, I don't want to hand over the "honey-do" list because he has been going, going, going all week. So I usually encourage him to work on his projects, play a video game, or watch one of his sci-fi movies.
And the list gets longer, but I don't mind.
Speaking of the organizing list, I'm off to work out my linen closet!

1 comments:

Edda Phillips said...

Slice of Life. I LOVE it!! What a great idea! And I am so happy to read it here on your blog! I can totally relate to how you feel with Mason - there's always so much to get done on the weekends when Rex is home, but that's his only time to chill and relax. It's awesome that you recognize how important it is for these geeks of ours to play video games to unwind. :)